Getting dentures is not the go-to teeth replacement technique anymore. Dental implants are now considered to be the best in replacing lost or damaged teeth. Here are what you need to know about dental implant procedures such as All On Four Delray Beach:
- What is the main purpose of dental implants? Simply put, they are used as replacements for missing teeth. They are root devices made of titanium to help support restorations.
- What can dental implants do for you? These can replace lost teeth, enhance your speech, appearance and self-esteem.
- What is its level of comfort? Dental implants feel and look like natural teeth and do not irritate your gums. The outcome is comfort and convenience you won't find in usual bridges and dentures.
- How is the procedure performed? First, a hole is bored in the jawbone where the titanium cylinder is inserted. Once the tissue is healed, a strong metal post is screwed into the titanium cylinder. This works as a fixture to which the fake teeth are attached with the help of tiny screws.
- How long can dental implants last? As long as you go to your dentist regularly and you brush and floss regularly as well, dental implants can last as long as twenty five years.